Friday, September 3, 2010

Follow this series of blog posts to "experience" Amanda's smile transformation!

I have had the opportunity to work in Dr. Byars dental practice for the past 3 years. During that time, I have been able to see many of our patients enjoy dramatic smile transformations.

For quite a while now, I have had the desire to replace the veneers I have had for 10 years. I was always happy with my veneers, but after seeing the quality of work that Dr. Byars provided, I was motivated and ready for a change!

After consulting with Dr. Byars, he was more than happy to take on my case. However, he told me that if he was going to replace my veneers, there were a few simple steps to take to insure that this was done right! His first recommendation was a procedure called crown lengthening. This procedure is typically done by a periodontist or an oral surgeon. The idea is to reshape some of the gum tissue and to expose more of the tooth structure to create proper symmetry, making for a more attractive smile.

It was recommended to me ten years ago to have this procedure, but I was really hesitant and had many fears. I made my appointment, and went for a consultation with Dr. Douglas Walters. Dr. Walters agreed with Dr. Byars recommendation and we scheduled for the procedure.

I will admit, I was extremely nervous when it came time for my appointment. I even almost backed out! I was somewhat relieved when I arrived at my appointment and to find out that Dr. Walters actually scheduled some extra time because he knew that I was pretty anxious.

The crown lengthening procedure was actually much easier than I expected. After I was numb the procedure took less than an hour. I was even more surprised that I didn’t have much swelling or pain. Dr. Walters asked for me to check back in with him in three weeks so he could check on my healing progress.

After three weeks, Dr. Walters was pleased with the results and asked for me to wait three more weeks until the next step!

Check back again soon, as I will be blogging and posting photos about the next steps in my cosmetic smile transformation!


2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Can you also give us a price range or these proceedures. I have been thinking about doing something with my teeth but figured the price would be way more than I could afford. I'll be following your blog to see how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darrolyn!

    Each case is very customized, so its very difficult to give a price range. There are so many different options to enhance a smile!

    We do offer smile evaluations, or you can have an exam. We would then provide you with a customized treatment plan. Just let us know if you are interested, and we can reserve some time just for you.

    ReplyDelete